Welcome to the Rope Runner Aerial Park Squamish Blog!
On this page, you will have the opportunity to hear all of OUR favourite things in Squamish, BC. As we know, there are millions of variations of these lists located all over the internet. However, our list is different because it comes from the everyday team members of Rope Runner Aerial Park. The team here changes almost every season and each member comes from many different areas of the world. Thus, allowing Rope Runner the opportunity to tell our readers the best of Squamish from our true perspective.
Well, with that being said the team is ready to share their knowledge of their favourite ways to enjoy the Squamish winter:
1. Scouting out for Eagles:
During October to January, the magnificent eagles flock to Squamish. There are several ways to find these beautiful birds with many different budgets in mind.
- Take a walk at The Coho Park Trail or the Eagle Run Dike on Government Rd. If you don’t know where to look though, Cheekye Ranch offers Eagle Walking tours to help you in your search. Find them here: EAGLE TOURS — Cheekye Ranch
- Squamish Rafting offers a spectacular view of the eagles along the spectacular Cheakamus river. Check them out at: Brackendale Eagle Viewing Float | Squamish Rafting Company
2. Callaghan Olympic Park:
Heading up to the Callaghan Olympic Park for an opportunity to snowshoe, nordic ski, and check out the Olympic ski jump! They even have a doggy friendly loop and trails for the furry friends: Ski Callaghan
3. Take a break for some donuts and coffee!
We have several favourite locations for you to indulge in and it is time to share.
- Fox & Oak: They offer the best of both worlds for coffee and donuts. They change their coffee and donut menu monthly so there’s always something new to try: Fox and Oak.
- Sunflower Bakery: This bakery does it all, donuts, coffee, pastries, sandwiches, pies, and more. Even with the many team members, we have had nobody has been able to try everything on the menu: Sunflower Bakery and Cafe.
- Caffe Garibaldi: Coffee. Adventure. Repeat. That is the slogan that Caffe Garibaldi represents and we are ever so grateful to have this wonderful cafe located directly across the street from Rope Runner Aerial Park: Caffe Garibaldi.
4. Check out all that the Sea to Sky Gondola has to offer!
Not only do they have many trails for snowshoeing and hiking but, they also have a tube park for some extra sweet winter fun: Sea to Sky Gondola.
Thank you for taking the time to read about some of our team member’s favourite things to do in Squamish and we hope you enjoy it. Although, Rope Runner Aerial Park Squamish is closed in the winter that doesn’t mean you can’t still have fun in Squamish.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the park in May 2022.