Looking to work outdoors in the Outdoor Recreation Capital of BC?
We are currently searching for our 2022 season team ~ please see down below for current opportunities.
Axe Throwing Host
Squamish Axe Throwing is a brand new addition to our Rope Runner Aerial Park Facility. Rope Runner is Squamish’s newest and coolest activity and attraction. This adventure aerial park is 17 Meters tall and consists of 50 aerial challenges for all skill levels. Participants can push their own limits and challenge themselves physically and mentally within a safe environment. This year we wanted to bring another new and fun activity to the park and we decided on Axe Throwing! That’s where you come in, we are hoping to run our axe throwing facility but first, we need some awesome people to help bring the stoke for our participants!
We’re looking to hire outgoing, fun, active and excited individuals to host and lead our axe throwing participants. No experience is necessary—just a positive attitude, strong attention to detail and a safety-first mindset. Part-time and full-time positions are available.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Part-time hours: 20-40 per week
Salary: From $17.00 per hour
- Assist with customer enquiries, bookings and check-in.
- Conduct safety briefing with the guests and supervise their axe throwing
- Conduct activities with the axe throwing groups
- Maintain safety equipment and site infrastructure in good working order within safety parameters
- Carry out daily inspection and safety checks and keep all documentation up to date
- Assist with Rope Runner Aerial Park guests when necessary
- Customer Service Oriented: you’ll be dealing with lots of new people every day. We need to show them a great time!
- You love throwing axes (Or just the idea of it if you haven’t tried it yet)
- Strong communication skills: able to speak concisely and use humour effectively in a group setting.
- Strong leadership skills: you display a high confidence level, and prior guiding and/or coaching experience is an asset.
- Excel in a team environment: foster a culture of respect, camaraderie and inclusiveness for ALL guests and staff.
$16.25-$17.00 (experience dependent) + a Rope Runner Aerial Park Season Pass
FUN work atmosphere in a unique, outdoor environment
- Spend your summer days outside
Full-time and part-time positions are available, with the potential to grow into a long-term opportunity within the company.
- We thank all that apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Squamish, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-07-01